[Note: Deepening Joy groups are not available in 2016]
Deepening Joy groups provide an opportunity for participants to explore the practices taught in James Baraz’s Awakening Joy course: intention, mindfulness, gratitude, resilience, integrity, letting go, be-friending ourselves, loving others, compassion, equanimity, and simply being. These practices help us move through the difficulties and challenges of being human sustained by an increasingly reliable and deep happiness.
The real joy of the groups is the rich resonance that emerges among group members who bring their own wisdom and generosity of heart to the gatherings.
2015 Deepening Joy groups will meet weekly in San Rafael, CA on Friday evenings, 6pm-9pm, January 16 – March 20, 2015. The format is opening meditation, check-in, dharma talk and inquiry, experiential exercises and discussion, practice homework, closing meditation.
You may click on the links below for dharma talks on the topics you are interested in. You may explore deepening joy by reading Awakening Joy: 10 Steps That Will Put You on the Road to Real Happiness by James Baraz and Shoshana Alexander.
- The Intention to Awaken Joy (123K PDF)
- Mindfulness: The Basic Tool for a Joyful Life (119K PDF)
- Gratitude: The Gateway to a Joyful Heart (115K PDF)
- Finding Joy in Difficult Times of Suffering (135K PDF)
- Integrity as a Path to Awaken Joy (123K PDF)
- The Joy of Letting Go (123K PDF)
- Learning to Love Ourselves (147K PDF)
- The Joy of Loving Others (193K PDF)
- Compassion: The Natural Expression of a Joyful Heart (168K PDF)
- The Joy of Simply Being (70K PDF)