Sleep Your Way to Health…and Better Coping
I’ve long known and respected the sheer efficacy of a good night’s sleep for being able to face the details, let alone the difficulties, of daily living and coping.
Here’s the link to an excellent resource by Emily Alexander on 20 Tips to Fall Asleep Faster and Enjoy Better Sleep.
Excellent and clearly outlined research on the importance of healthy sleep to our well-being; benefits to the mind, body, and health, a brief overview of what prevents good sleep, and the 20 tips.
20 Tips for Fall Asleep Faster and Enjoy Better Sleep
1. Turn off the busy mind
2. Release muscle tension
3. Avoid things that make your heart pump faster
4. Learn some relaxation exercises
5. Do some exercises during the day
6. Create a pre-sleep ritual
7. Follow a schedule
8. Ensure adequate darkness
9. Don’t look at the clock
10. Avoid taking naps during the day
11. Eat with care during the day
12. Create a comfortable sleeping environment
13. Breathe consciously
14. Manage the temperature in your room
15. Don’t try to fall asleep
16. Learn methods of getting back to sleep
17. Only use your bed for sleep and intimacy
18. Keep your feet warm in winter
19. Relive happy memories
20. Figure out what works for you.
With many excellent explanations and additional resources for each tip. 20 Tips to Fall Asleep Faster and Enjoy Better Sleep . Enjoy better sleep!