Therapy is both an inner and an interactive journey:
- To deepen self-awareness and self-acceptance
- To learn new coping strategies that strengthen resilience to deal with the challenges and crises in life
- To develop the skills necessary to relate to others resonantly, passionately and compassionately
- To foster a vital authentic sense of self and promote genuine well-being.
As a warm, knowledgeable, and interactive psychotherapist (25 years), I provide the guidance and experiences of mindful empathy necessary to:
- facilitate self-discovery, self-appreciation and self-masterypossibilities
- shift perspectives and any dysfunctional coping strategies to promote growth and transformation in the direction of health, fulfillment and thriving
- quickly get to the heart of deep pain and suffering, skillfully resolve any distress and trauma, and steadily find paths to resolution and ease
- cultivate the skills and behaviors that strengthen connections with others
- cultivate inner and outer resources to support new options for growth and well-being
As a specialist in relationship counseling (25 years), I help couples:
- explore attachment and communication styles, strengthening resonances and resolving impasses
- clear up “old baggage” from families of origin or previous relationships; strengthen relationships
with children and extended family
- learn skills of empathic listening, negotiating change, resolving conflicts, repairing mistrust and ruptures
- deepen emotion and sexual intimacy and connection
- make responsible decisions and set achievable goals around career, finances, lifestyle
Linda’s Clinical Background
I am licensed by the state of California to provide psychological services to individuals, couples, families and groups.
My master’s degree in clinical psychology from John F. Kennedy University gave me a solid foundation in psychodynamic psychotherapy for treating the anxiety, depression, and shame-blame patterns that would derail a healthy sense of self, interfere with satisfying, resonant relationships, and compromise skillful coping with the challenges and crises of life.
By integrating in-depth training in attachment theory, mindfulness practice, and modern neuroscience I have become a skillful guide in the journey from muck to light. My work is helping clients reduce stress, resolve trauma, and heal any dysfunctional patterns that would block their full thriving and flourishing. Here are the wise and expert clinicians I have studied, trained, and taught with for more than two decades.
For more than ten years, I led therapy groups for Women and Transitions, Deepening Relationships, Creating Intimacy, and Growing Up and Waking Up. I supervised interns and offered individual and group consultation for clinicians.
Since the publication of Bouncing Back (New World Library, 2013) I have trained thousands of clinicians in the United States, Canada, Australia and Europe in The Neuroscience of Resilience and Shift Happens: Learning to Bounce Back from Disappointments, Difficulties, even Disasters.
Clinical Trainings & Workshops
Linda trains mental health professionals, nationally and internationally in the Neuroscience of Resilience and related topics.
Linda teaches daylong, weekend, and week-long workshops in meditation, personal growth, and wellness centers throughout the United States.
A transformative 8-week training program proven to help participants respond more effectively to life’s difficulties and disasters, with resilience and wise action.